THE SUCCESS OF THE COMPANY TO THIS DATE HAS BEEN DUE TO OUR REPUTATION FOR COMPLETING PROJECTS ON TIME, AT VERY SHORT NOTICE, AND AT REASONABLE COSTS.
BARRETT BURSTON MALTING
KILN MODIFICATION PROJECT
Barrett Burston Malting is a major supplier of malt to the domestic and international brewing industry. Brunton Engineering and Construction were engaged by Barrett Burston Malting from February to December 2014 for the Geelong Kiln Modification project.
This upgrade converted the facility from existing low-efficiency, high-emission NOx burners to a modern system of NOx-free high performance Varinox heaters and Glass Tube Heat Exchanger units supplied the Swiss company Flucorrex. Specifically this involved:
- Laser point cloud surveys of the existing site to accurately model the existing site and provide the basis for 3D models of the final structure and full fabrication drawings;
- The fabrication of over 110 tonnes of structural steelwork comprising large welded beams and multi-story access stairs and platforms spread across two kilns;
- The fabrication of large, fully-sealed stainless steel ducts to enable the air processes on both kilns;
- The installation of proprietary equipment including three large air heaters (5m W x 4m H x 8m L) and 44 packs of extremely delicate bundles of Glass Tube Heat Exchanger units at heights up to 20m;
- Construction during production periods before a shutdown period of four days where the old process was swapped to the new process;
- The co-ordination of multiple trades such as electricians, plumbers, heater technicians, cladders, sheet-metal workers, riggers, crane operators.
The project was completed during an around-the-clock shutdown in 2014.
V/Line provides train services and manages rail infrastructure throughout regional Victoria.
Since 2013 Brunton Engineering and Construction has completed a number of projects for this organisation including:
• The manufacture of steel trough decking bridges at Shepparton (160m), Inglewood (100m), Ballarat (15m) and Maryborough (15m) as well as the installation of the Inglewood bridge ahead of schedule during a 54-hour rail occupation;
• The fabrication and supply of many different bridge bearing plates, walkways, handrails and miscellaneous steel components;
• The supply and installation of railway gantries and associated civil works on the Warncoort siding;
• The design, supply and installation of platform shelters at various stations on the V/Line network.
These projects have all been completed in accordance with rail environment safety standards during periods of both full and partial track occupation by Rail Industry Worker inducted personnel.
A time lapse video was produced to capture the assembly of the gantries in our workshop prior to installation at site.
PLATFORM SHELTER @ DONNYBROOK STATION
MACHINE INSTALLATION & MAINTENANCE
Toyota Australia has a storied history as a major producer in the Australian automotive market.
Since our in inception in 1996 Brunton Engineering and Construction has completed a number of projects for this organisation including:
• The supply and installation of numerous industrial buildings, canopies, airlocks and storage areas.
• The construction of civil structures such as machinery pits and foundations.
• The installation of hundreds of containers of equipment from Japan based on a high-precision set-out in the 2012 Engine Shop upgrade.
• Continued maintenance of the Engine Shop using our support labour since that time.
Working with respect to critical production schedules, often in periods of limited time and extremely short notice, has been instrumental in developing our company's shut-down mentality.
PALLETISING SYSTEM BRIDGE
Asaleo Care is a paper company that produces an array of personal hygiene products out of its Box Hill manufacturing plant.
During 2013 Brunton Engineering were engaged for the replacement of an antiquated palletising system bridge that conveys goods from the production area to the dispatch area. This project included:
• Site surveys, 3D-modelling and the production of full fabrication drawings;
• Building extensions to the existing production and dispatch areas during periods of plant operation;
• The design and construction of a 40m long hollow section truss bridge;
• The delivery of this bridge on oversize, escorted truck loads from our workshop to site;
• The installation of this bridge using a combination of mobile Franna and 200t cranes with access from boom and scissor lifts during one 14-hour period;
• The fit-out of mechanical elevators, lowerators and 56m of roller conveyors
3m W x 4m H x 40m L SHS TRUSS
BRIDGE AT FREIGHT DRIVE WORKSHOP
BRIDGE INSTALLATION USING 200T CRANE
GOULBURN MURRAY WATER
MILDURA WEIR COFFERDAM
Goulburn Murray Water manages water-related services in a region of 68,000 square kilometres, bordered by the Great Dividing Range to the south, the River Murray to the north and stretching from Corryong in the east to Nyah in the west.
Brunton Engineering were engaged by GMW from February to May 2013 for the supply of movable cofferdam to enable repair works on the Mildura Weir, during this project our company:
• Produced a 3D model and a full set of fabrication drawings based on preliminary engineering designs by GHD;
• Fabricated over sixteen tonnes of structural steel using a variety of certified welding procedures;
• Fitted two sluice valves, ten large steel castors, four sets of truck landing gears and two submersible hydraulic jacks to allow the cofferdam to run across the existing ridge in the river floor;
• Custom-designed and manufacturer a davit crane and hoist that allowed equipment to be safely lowered into the work area;
• Tailored a serious of rubber seals and flaps to seal the cofferdam to the river floor and restrict the surrounding river from accessing the work area;
• Successfully transported the cofferdam across a lock to the dam runway using a variety of truck and crane configurations and completed installation ahead of schedule in less than five days
A time lapse video was produced to capture the installation phase.
3D CAD MODEL OF MOBILE COFFERDAM
OTHER PROJECT WORK
Plant and Facility Relocations
Ajax Fasteners, Southcorp Rheem, Downer EDI Works, Bostik Australia, Venture Industries, Ford Motor Co., Toyota Motor Co., Tyco Water Pty Ltd
Venture Industries, Ford Motor Co., Toyota Motor Co., Alex Fraser Asphalt, Tyco Water Pty Ltd, City Link, Baulderstone-Hornibrook
Conveyor Manufacture & Installation
Toyota Motor Co., Melbourne Airport, Alex Fraser Asphalt, Downer EDI Works
Robot Line Installation
Toyota Motor Co., ABB
Toyota Motor Co.. Ford Motor Co., BHP, Venture Industries
Trade Waste & Chemical Plants
Venture Industries, Visy Paper, Tyco Water Pty Ltd
Precast Concrete Components
Visy Paper. Transfield, V/Line
Pits & Foundations
Toyota Motor Co. Bumper Bar Shop, Body Shop and Press Shop